As I sit at the computer my heart is filled with excitement and my stomach has butterflies. In 3 weeks we will be sitting on a plane destined for El Salvador. The little country with a big heart.
The team of 15 have been planning and working hard for the last 6 months to prepare for this missions trip. We will be going to El Salvador from November 12-20th.
- We have held fundraisers to get the money for the 6 houses we will be building in San Felipe.
- Fundraised to purchase food to hand out in the village of San Antonio Camino.
- Collected hundreds of shoes from the "Hearts and Soles for El Salvador" program.
- Made up 100 care packages to give away to children in San Antonio Camino.
- Prepared for a medical clinic we will be holding in the village of San Felipe.
- Organized the children's ministry program.
- Got soccer equipment and nets to begin an "Upward Soccer" program for the children in El Salvador. Thank you Tim Tulloch! He brought this idea forward and made it happen.
I write all this to share that no matter how prepared we go we really don't know what our week will hold. No missions trip is ever the same. Each person will have different experiences. Each of us will be used by God in different ways. He wants to use our unique gifts and talents to share His love. Time is short and there are so many people who need to hear the amazing message of God's love and grace. We don't know what the week holds... but our Savior does! He has a plan. A plan bigger than we can imagine or prepare for. May we have open hearts and minds and be obedient to follow the plans He has prepared for us to impact the amazing people of El Salvador for His Kingdom. Most importantly may He receive all the praise and glory.
The Lord himself will go before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO GAVE TO THE EL SALVADOR MISSION TRIP.